Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

It's in the bag! First "The Plan 2012" project complete


Yes indeedy I've made myself a bag.  I've been planning this bag for a while, but due to sheer laziness have not got round to making it.  Feeling a bit despondent that my Da Blues dress was a big fat fail, I decided that rather than get into a sewing slump again, I should make something I know wouldn't be issuey.


The main fabric is upholstery fabric I picked up at an Artist open house a while back. The lining is a red mini polka-dot cotton from Ditto (bought on the recent meet-up).

Scuse the markings, I forgot to rub them off before taking the pics
 I love making bags and purses, and really should make more.  The pattern is a freebie by Lisa Lam.  If you like the look of this pattern, check out Stitch and Witter as she has made a fab version of this bag too.

I bought the handles at U-Handbag, Lisa's online shop.  You just hand stitch them on with embroidery floss, as they have holes punched in them already.  Handy!

11 comments:

  1. That is a REALLY nice bag. I must make myself this - it looks so good for holding loads of stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! I spotted that pattern ageas ago and thought it looked like a really professional finish and a sturdy bag too! Might have to think about actually making one soon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. What great handles, and I love the fabrics you've used, it looks so polished.
    strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous! Love fabric combo and it looks a perfect finish. So pretty and practical

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I have to admit, I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great, I am always on the look out for bag handles like that..

    I have chosen you as one of my choices for the Liebster award - thanks for doing such a nice blog!

    http://monkeysockslearnstosew.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You MADE that? Very very impressive!!! So excited to find your blog, now following :-) Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty bag! Great colours and it looks so neat inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey! That looks like the Real Thing! I mean - I would pay good money for a bag like that! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiiii!
    New follower to your blog so apologies in advance if you get bombarded with comments for old posts :)
    I really like this bag, looks beautiful, unlike the photos on the pattern envelopes that look soooo home made!

    REally enjoying your handmades :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...